Monday 16 May 2011

May 16- Jays vs. Tigers

Quickly now, I probably could have mentioned earlier, but Jose Bautista got the Zaun head last night.  Big fucking surprise, right?  So yeah, good for him.

Remember the other day when I told you that Adam Lind was pencilled in to play Friday in Minnesota, but then it turned out I was lying?  Then I told you that he'd probably play tonight?  Well I was lying again.  He's out of the lineup one mo' 'gin.  Apparently he thought he was playing (so he might be available to pinch hit at some point tonight? Please?) up until a few hours ago.  Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun first broke this one as far as I can tell.  Story here.  I guess this means that Juan Rivera and Edwin are both still in my god damn lineup.  Fuck.

Looks like Grady Sizemore has gone ahead and ruined his other leg, and has been placed on the 15-day DL.  That guy was actually pretty good like 4 years ago when he played.

The Houston Astros officially got sold today.  Some guy, I dunno.

The Cincinnati Reds are pretending that Aroldis Chapman is hurt, and have placed him on the disabled list as well.  Not sure why they don't just option him to AAA, but either way, he's gone from brilliantly talented to Brian Tallet in like a week.

Albert Pujols got pitched at last by Francisco Cordero.  It almost got him in the face, but hit his wrist ultimately.  This wasn't too unlike that team earlier this year where Jose Bautista got beaned in the hand actually.

Kyle Drabek takes to the mound tonight for Toronto.  He's up against Max Scherzer in a matchup that will be really entertaining in like a years time, but both are certainly passable.  Rajai Davis hits 8th tonight.  I dunno, if he's going to be down low in the order, put him in the 9 hole.  I don't want people on base for John Mcdonald, I want them on base for Jose Bautista.

Lineups:
Jays
Escobar SS
Patterson LF
Bautista RF
Encarnacion 1B
Hill 2B
Rivera DH
Arencibia C
Davis CF
Mcdonald 3B

Pitching: Drabek

Tigers
Jackson CF
Dirks LF
Boesch RF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Peralta SS
Avila C
Inge 3B
Santiago 2B

Pitching: Scherzer

No comments:

Post a Comment