Sunday 9 October 2011

Hi everybody


I vaguely remember having a blog.  Stuff, I suppose.

Not a ton going on, besides everybody who spends any time at my house ever being totally sick of baseball.  I guess the Yankees and Phillies lost, which pretty much means that I went 1/4 in my playoff predictions for the first round, which I actually don't even remember posting here.  My correct one was Milwaukee, for the record.  My second round teams are MIL and TEX.

As for the world of the Bluejays, everything seems quiet for now.  Baltimore is looking for a new GM, and Jays assistant GM Tony Lacava is said to be on the short list for that gig.  Boston is looking for a new manager, and I heard musings that Jays bench coach Don Wakamatsu is a candidate.  Torey Luvollo was thought to be considered too.

Both Jayson Nix and Rommie Lewis have declined their minor league assignments and have become free agents, according to CBS Sports transaction page.  Chris Woodward, Wil Ledezma, and DeWayne Wise have all become free agents this past week as well.  Nobody else will sign Woody, and Wise and the Jays are like a highschool relationship, so I half expect both to either resign or retire.

See?  There's not much.  That's why I'm hardly writing anything.  I figured we'd hear about guys needing offseason surgeries by now or something, because lord knows the Phillies needed a few of those (Hamels, Pence, Polanco all have sports herniae apparently, Howard ruptured his Achilles tendon the other day and might be not be back for the start of next season), but I haven't heard anything from the Jays side of things yet.  Contracts don't end until after the World Series, at which time teams will have 5 days of exclusive negotiation with their free agents, so the free agent frenzy won't start for at least another couple of weeks, and I'm pretty sure trades can't happen until that point too.  So basically, you're all going to have to just sit there and be patient before the real fun starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment