Tuesday 13 March 2012

Blue Jays "Fart du Jour"


I didn't want to call it a link dump, because it's only going to be small.  Could have went with "turd" but what I have here hardly qualifies as news, and therefore isn't anything of substance, ergo, fart.  Plus, that video.

Anyway, I could link to Bleacher Report and their stupid, terrible, shitty slideshow interface, since they had something about Travis Snider the other day, but instead I'll let you know that it's completely worthless and a waste of time.  If you really want it, you should know how to use google by now.

MLBTR tells us that Brett Cecil and Kyle Drabek are drawing interest from opposing scouts and management.  And so they should, since the Jays are apparently in the market for an upgrade at starter.  I'd be surprised if either were moved, since they're 25 and 24, respectively, and the Jays don't have any real reason to want to move either guy at this point in time.  I did not realize that Cecil was only 25 though.  The available pitchers listed on that link don't really impress me near enough to warrant giving up Drabek, but Cecil could probably fetch Floyd, or at least be the main piece.  All in all, I don't think this is much to dwell on.

I think I read that Cecil threw 3 innings today, allowing 0 runs, 1 hit, 2bb's and stiking out two, but I can't remember where I read that/who wrote it, so you'll just have to find that yourself, since I don't care enough about spring training games to find out what exactly happened, who it was against, or if it even happened.

Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports tells us that the Jays and D'Backs might make a nice trade partnership at some point this year or next, depending on what happens with Miguel Montero and Travis d'Arnaud.  If Montero decides that he'd like to test the free agent waters, and d'Arnaud performs well enough to warrant a promotion, JP Arencibia could be sent to the desert.  Rosey suggests Gerardo Parra (and more), but I find that a bit too convenient for the D'Backs, seeing as the Jays are already facing logjams to come in the outfield. Dave Cameron from Fangraphs had a live chat today, and said that the Jays would probably be better off keeping JPA as a backup catcher/occasional DH/pinch hitter, by the way.  Rosenthal also suggests that one of Hech or Yunel could be moved once that situation tightens up.  Call me crazy, but I don't think Hech is going to be anything more than a backup.  Again, this is probably nothing to dwell on.

Regarding the Gavin Floyd thing from yesterday:

Also, if you'd like to see people overrate Floyd's value, or talk nonsense about trading Jose Bautista, you should check the comments of that thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment