Friday 8 June 2012

So I've Noticed...


That pretty much every time I go drinking lately, I forget to write.  I'm not really sure if it has anything to do with how much I enjoy drinking, or if it's simply me focusing in on drinking and devoting all of my energy to it.  I mean, getting really drunk at like 4 in the afternoon and eating a bunch of meat isn't exactly some difficult stuff that completely precludes me from writing my personal thoughts down or whatever, so I dunno.

Anyway, yeah.  Francisco Cordero.  Good job, good effort.  Teased us with 9 halfway decent appearances or something like that, and then fucked 'er against Orlando Hudson, of all people.  Don't worry about the offense pretty much dying after the 3rd inning, or Henderson Alvarez throwing a cement mixer to Alex Rios, tying the game.  This one's on Coco. Because he sucks.

But John Farrell sure fucking loves him.  I'm pretty sure the entire internet's written something about Coco, so I'm not really going to bother with it.  I mean, I've done it before, either with him, or Jojo, or Brian Tallet, or Dana Eveland or Juan Rivera.

Having said that, Adam Lind and Eric Thames got their comeuppance, and Coco was pulled from the closer's role pretty quickly when it was determined by everybody ever that he's too fucking horrible to be in there in high-leverage situations (like last night!).  I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that Coco is going to get fewer chances late in close ballgames if he keeps doing what he's doing.

Anyway, I suppose I owe to it Brandon Morrow to say something like "Great job!" or something like that, which I suppose is what the Zaunheads are for.  He, more or less, gets a shiny new Zaunhead every fifth(ish) day, and will probably end the year with about 28 of them, if I understand anything about math.  Mike Mccoy will get one as well for last night's game (though Hendy seemed to do well until that HR, and JP Arencibia walked twice (!!!!) in one game).

Interleague starts tonight. Necessary at-bats from pitchers!  Whatever, it's just fucking baseball.

Stuff
It would appear that the Jays have agreed to sign Anthony Alford, the apparently unsignable dude that they picked, even though he said that he wouldn't sign, since he's the starting quarterback for Southern Mississippi University.  Apparently he can keep playing football, under this deal?  I'm sure more will be released soon.  Obviously, he could go to the NFL and be a complete waste for the Jays, but I dunno, 30 QB jobs vs. way more spots in MLB rosters...

Related, check out this database of draft signees and slot money.  Pretty neat.

Sportsnet has a 1-on-1 with Colby Rasmus.

The Jays have optioned Robert Coello to AAA, and re-called Chad Beck, in what has become somewhat of a revolving door of nonsense in the bullpen.

No comments:

Post a Comment