Thursday 30 August 2012

Yescobar


Nice game Yunel.  Have a Zaunhead.

Now, look away as I say something controversial.  I'll not be rooting overly hard for the Jays in this coming series.  It's not that I don't have the Jays best interests in mind or anything, because I obviously want them to win all of their games, but at this point, let's just try and fuck around with the Orioles as much as possible, no?  Because I have no interest in seeing the Orioles in the playoffs.

I had some discussions with some intelligent reasonable not-retarded people who happen to be O's fans today, and it was seriously like sticking my face in to a ceiling fan.  I think we can all agree that the O's are, now that all those trades happened, the third best team in the AL East on a true-talent level.  Way worse than the Yanks, way worse than the Rays.  Beyond that, they had a worse team than the Red Sox until the team disassembled themselves thanks to being 8 games under their 3rd order win percentage (compared to the +12 for the Orioles).

Anyway, I can live with the fact that people make slightly outrageous statements when things are going well for their club for the first time in 17 years.  I understand, and I don't really think I'd act a whole lot differently if the Jays were winning 12 games more than what their expectation was.

Still, seeing the Rays in the playoffs sounds a whole lot better than seeing the Orioles to me, so I won't exactly be furious if the Jays can't handle the Rays this weekend.  That's just me though.  Anyway, it's mostly spite, but I'd love to see the Orioles finish a game short of a wildcard berth.

Stuff
Speaking of LOL O's, Zach Britton struck out 10 today, earning a 5-3 win.  He's kicked ass in his last three starts.  He was demoted this afternoon to make room for Randy Wolf.

JP Arencibia is set to hit off a tee.  He's expected back around September 10th or so.

Jason Frasor should be back with the team this weekend.

Shi Davidi tells us that the Jays will probably add a handful of pitchers, as well as Anthony Gose and Yan Gomes as September callups.

Lineups
Jays
Davis
Rasmus
EE
Lind
Escobar
Johnson
Sierra
Mathis
Hech

Villanueva

Rays
Jennings
Upton
Zobrist
Longoria
Joyce
Keppinger
Scott
Lobaton
Fuld

Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment